Even the most minor car accidents can cause serious damage to the body, especially the spine. If you’ve been in a car accident, it’s vital that you seek medical care as soon as possible. Accident victims often see an ER doctor or their primary care physician, but in the absence of major injuries, they’ll receive no treatment despite the presence of pain or discomfort.
At Graybar Chiropractic in Wilmington, we treat more than whiplash injuries alone. Chiropractors treat soft tissue damage, back pain, neck pain, elbow pain and shoulder pain. Even if you just experience headaches without other symptoms, it could be a sign that health complications will occur down the line.
Steps To Take Following a Car Crash in Wilmington
If you’re involved in a car accident, follow these steps:
- Focus on regulating your breath and stay calm.
- Exchange details with everyone involved.
- Write down details such as time, date, weather and damage.
- Get to the emergency room if you or a passenger are seriously injured.
- Seek medical attention for minor or moderate auto accident injuries.
- Contact your insurance company and a personal injury attorney if necessary.
- Seek chiropractic care.
The emergency room specializes in broken bones and wounds. However, for soft-tissue injuries, neck pain and other musculoskeletal injuries, chiropractic care is an ideal choice. Aches and pains might seem like minor injuries, but they could turn into chronic issues when left untreated.