Some people doubt the safety and effectiveness of chiropractic care due to mainstream media. This is because chiropractic treatments differ from conventional Western medical care. Thus, it’s normal as a consumer to want to know more about chiropractic care to make sure that the treatment you are about to receive will be helpful.
Today, we will show you some studies about chiropractic care that will demonstrate exactly how this type of treatment can be useful to you.
Can Chiropractic Care Help with Pain Management?
Visiting a chiropractor can be a great idea if you are suffering from pain, particularly from back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, or even headaches. As you will see below, chiropractic care can effectively relieve and manage common pain complaints.
- A study from Spine 2017 shows that most people go to see a chiropractor for their back (63%) or neck pain (over 30%). Most patients were satisfied with their treatments, as it improved their well-being and overall health after receiving chiropractic care.
- According to a study conducted amongst patients with low back pain, seeing a chiropractor can decrease both short-term and long-term opioid use. The decline experienced in the study was an impressive 90%!
- For people with common pain issues, such as headaches, neck pain, or low back pain, spine adjustments are considered to be an effective treatment option (cited by Mayo Clinic).
In Comparison With Conventional Treatment Methods
When chiropractic care is compared to conventional methods, patients can benefit from the holistic nature of chiropractic treatment techniques. If you choose chiropractic care for your health needs, you can even avoid more invasive and expensive interventions. Here are a few examples that demonstrate a few of the benefits of chiropractic care:
- According to a study found in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics 2010, patients who saw a chiropractor for their low back pain paid about 20-40% less for treatment and recovery than those who chose conventional medical care.
- Research shows a significantly lower incidence rate of disability and pain score amongst those patients with low back pain who underwent manual-thrust manipulation instead of conventional medical care methods.
- Researchers found that chiropractic care can reduce the odds of spine surgery amongst those who have sustained a back injury at work. (See details about the study in Spine 2012.)
The Numbers Don’t Lie
Ultimately, chiropractic care can save you a lot of unnecessary suffering. As you can see from the studies and their promising results mentioned above, it may be worth looking into chiropractic treatment options. When looking for a chiropractor try to find one in your area who holds a special certification in Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP). CBP is a superior treatment protocol used by chiropractors that is based on years of research. Therefore, you will certainly be in good hands when choosing a CBP-certified chiropractor.
In Wilmington, Wallace, and Clinton, NC, Dr. Michael Graybar, and the entire chiropractic team is certified in CBP. Give our office a call today to see how chiropractic care can help you improve your health and live your life to the fullest.